The word peshtemal corresponds to turkish towels, hammam towels and fouta towels.
Lets take a look at what makes Turkish peshtemal towel so special;
* They are thinner than your average terry towel.
* They dry quickly, making them more environmentally friendly.
* They take up less place making them ideal for traveling.
* They allow you to leave the sand at the beach as they don’t.
* They totally cover you up as their sizes are big enough and can be used as sarongs.
* They can be used as scarves or shawls with their rich colours and texture options.
* They get softer after some washes opposed to the terry towels.
* They are made by local artisans in their homes, handed down from generation to generation.
* They employee more people who tie the tassels in their houses.
Lastly, remember that the only way Terry towels beat a peshtemal is by their weight.